VRV IV X Heat Recovery
Adapting VRV to North America.
Engineered and assembled in North America; Daikin's VRV IV X adapts VRV to North American HVAC market needs by expanding the applications in which VRV can be leveraged to solve traditional challenges. Packed with advanced technology, VRV IV X is the industry's first 3-phase VRF system with dual-fuel capability, after Daikin's launch of 1-phase VRV LIFE in 2018. The new series is equipped with features to optimize initial capital required on phased installations and provides ease of service and maintenance.
What’s new about VRV IV X?
Dual Fuel Capability with Gas Furnace Connectivity
VRV IV X is industry's first 3-phase VRF system to integrate with communicating gas furnaces. Connects with 80%, 96%, 97% AFUE Daikin communicating gas furnaces. Engineered for dual fuel capability, offering a choice of heat pump or gas furnace heating.
Easy Maintenance with the new Service Window
Engineered for Flexibility and Expansion with the new Phased Installation
Fast Installs mean Fast Commissions
Ensure Peace of Mind with a Limited 10-Year Warranty*
*Complete warranty details are available from your local Daikin manufacturer’s representative or distributor or online at www.daikincomfort.com. To receive the 10-year Parts Limited Warranty or 10-year Compressor Limited Warranty, online registration must be completed within 60 days of installation. Online registration is not required in California or Quebec.
Overview of VRV IV X Features.
VRV IV X delivers enhanced design flexibility thanks to its ability to expand with the building's phased construction.
- Expand the system from a single to a dual module or from dual to triple module without changes to main pipe sizes that are already installed.
- Help reduce initial capital and design complexity compared to systems that do not offer phased installation.
- Optimize piping design, branch selector boxes, and indoor units per phase of installation.
Gas Furnace Connectivity
Expanding VRV into applications that were limited to gas-based heating, VRV IV X is the first 3-phase dual-fuel VRF system in North America that integrates with communicating gas furnaces.
VRV IV X offers outstanding design flexibility when connected to Daikin communicating 80%, 96%, and 97% AFUE gas furnaces and CXTQ coils. The new VRV IV X enables the use of VRV technology to provide utility cost based heating solutions. With the flexibility to switch between electric heat pump heating and gas heating, operational costs can be optimized to building owner's choice for a heating source.
- Space-saving with ability to connect multiple gas furnaces to one outdoor unit with 14 selectable settings.
- Customizable changeover temperatures to switch from heat pump to gas heat.
- Ability to provide system-wide heating independent of outdoor ambient temperature.
208-230V, 460V, 575V
|No. of Outdoor Units||1||1||1||1||1||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||3||3||3||3||3|
|Max No. of Indoor Units||12||16||20||25||29||33||37||41||45||49||54||58||64||64||64||64||64|
|No. of Inverter Compressors||1||1||1||1||1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1||1+1+1|
Outside air connection possible
Condensate pump standard
VRT (Variable Refrigerant Temperature) —
STATE-OF-THE-ART ENERGY-SAVING TECHNOLOGY FOR VRV
Variable Refrigerant Temperature
ADAPTIVE AND LEARNING VRT
The new VRV IV X system features a newly enhanced learning VRT technology. The new learning VRT technology, in addition to helping with annual energy efficiency and maintaining comfort, provides features that enable time-based learning to adjust cooling and heating capacities to provide a stable capacity to the indoor units. The feature must be activated through field setting changes.
HOW IS ENERGY REDUCED?
A standard VRF system and previous Daikin VRV systems utilize a capacity based control logic where the system will adjust to meet the capacity requirements of the space. With VRT, Daikin has optimized focus not only on capacity but also on efficiency and comfort.
According to changes in the room's heat load and the ambient air temperature, the evaporating temperature (in cooling) and condensing temperature (in heating) are automatically adjusted to minimize the difference with the condensing temperature and the evaporation temperature, respectively.
This makes the compressors work less and also enables the system to always maintain the ideal compressor speed so that the Daikin VRV system can deliver the optimum efficiency.
- Can boost capacity above 100% if needed. The refrigerant temperature can go lower in cooling than the set minimum.
- Gives priority to very fast reaction speed. The refrigerant temperature goes down fast to keep the room setpoint stable.
- Gives priority to fast reaction speed. The refrigerant temperature goes down fast to keep the room setpoint stable.
- Gives priority to efficiency. The refrigerant temperature goes down gradually giving priority to the efficiency of the system instead of the reaction speed.
Daikin K-Type Vapor Injection Scroll Compressor
- Compressor technology with patented spiral design and injection valves for precise refrigerant control.
- Strong and efficient motors for optimized compressor performance and part load efficiencies.
- New back pressure control mechanism optimizes the internal compressor pressure with the intermediate pressure adjusting port according to operating conditions. This stabilizes the orbiting scroll, reducing leaks and scroll friction during operation (compared to compressors without back pressure control).
Inverter Board Cooled by Refrigerant Circuit.
Minimum influence on electronics from ambient temperature. Section of the coil in the unit is permanently set as condenser for cooling of the inverter board.
for access to multi-functional digital display for easy commissioning and troubleshooting applied on printed circuit board for protection against dust and water.
Overview of VRV IV X Features.
Adapting VRV to North American market needs
Industry’s first 3-phase VRF system to integrate with communicating gas furnaces.
Design flexibility to enlarge system from single to dual module or dual to triple module without change to installed main pipe sizes**.
Engineered to optimize capital on phased and tenant fit out commercial buildings.
Choice of gas furnace or heat pump heating for optimizing operational costs based on utility cost.
Year round comfort and energy savings with Variable Refrigerant Temperature technology (VRT).
Technology that matters
Engineered with Daikin’s patented vapor injection compressor technology.
Corrosion resistant up to 1000† hours Daikin Blue Fin coating as factory standard.
Heat exchanger engineered with a bottom refrigerant circuit that allows installation without base pan heater.
Refrigerant cooled inverter technology keeps PCB cool independent of ambient temperature.
Increased** applied cooling and heating capacities with improved pipe correction factors (compared to the previous VRV IV generation).
Engineered for maintenance
New service window provides ease of access to the multi-functional display without removing the main electrical panel. The built-in multifunctional display is utilized for commissioning and maintenance and quickly converts to digital gauges to provide refrigerant pressure and temperatures.
Multi-functional display eliminates the need to connect gauges during regular maintenance checks.
Ease of commissioning with ability to program off site and upload using configurator tool.
Field performable intermittent outdoor fan operation to help minimize snow accumulation on fan blades when the system is in thermal off.
Seamless integration with T-series branch selector boxes, M, P, and T-series indoor units.
Compatible with the full suite of Daikin VRV controls.
Outstanding 10-Year Parts Warranty* as standard.
† When tested in accordance to ASTM B117 methodology.
** Refer to engineering manuals for design rules and pipe sizes.
* Complete commercial warranty details available from your local distributor or manufacturer’s representative or at www.daikincomfort.com or www.daikinac.com
- General Product Catalog
- VRV IV X Heat Recovery Product Brochure
- VRV IV X Heat Recovery Product Brochure (French)
- Case Studies
- Software Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions