When Daikin developed the world’s first Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) system, the goal was to build a solution unlike any other. One that not only elevates the level of high performance but is also equipped with advanced built-in intelligence and flexibility. Daikin develops and optimizes every major component of its VRV systems. So you can enjoy absolute comfort knowing that each element has been designed to work flawlessly with the next.
- Our intelligent, customizable VRV systems offer:
- Advanced zoning capabilities for complete control over every square inch of your environment regardless of building size or configuration
- Enhanced energy efficiency and lower operating costs
- Innovative, space-saving design in every aspect of the system to maximize building’s functional areas
- Reliability throughout, with worry-free design, self-diagnostic capabilities and one of the best warranties in the industry.
Find out what specific advantages Daikin can bring to your next project.
Daikin is #1 in Performance
User comfort and energy efficiency are paramount at Daikin. We believe it, and design to it, in every aspect of our products and systems. That's why we even produces our own refrigerants, so that we can guarantee the highest quality and performance from all of our systems. Here are a few benefits:
Integrated with an inverter “variable speed” compressor, Daikin systems deliver the capacity required to maintain desired room conditions, typicallyreducing energy consumption by 30% compared to traditional fixed speed systems. This technology minimizes temperature fluctuations and provides continuous cooling and heating comfort with maximum energy savings.
Ductless vs. Ducted
Since mini splits have no ducts, they avoid the energy losses associated with ductwork used by forced air systems. Per ASHRAE’s “Top Ten Things About Air Conditioning – Ducts Matter A Lot”, “Duct leakage can sap 20 to 40% of the energy out of even a well-operating air conditioner.” Additionally, ductless mini splits come with a remote control that has been designed, tested and proven to operate the unit as opposed to forced air systems that are wired in the field with another brand of thermostat. Being able to operate each indoor unit separately with a remote offers superior zoning and energy savings. Un-zoned forced air systems are typically heating and cooling several rooms or even an entire home with one thermostat, located in one room.
The largest inefficiencies of forced air heating and cooling systems come from the simple fact that they are assembled on-site with a wide variety of brands and many different parts and pieces that have never been assembled in the same way before and therefore never tested to perform as specified. The performance of forced air systems is therefore highly dependent on the varying skill level of the installer and the quality of their work. Most homeowners and homebuilders are unaware that it is common for HVAC installers to use a 3rd party evaporator coil – evaporator coils that are not manufactured by the same company as the outdoor unit or indoor air handling unit. The evaporator coil is a key component within the HVAC system Systems that are “matched” have all the main components produced by the same manufacturer and have the same brand name. A matched system is superior as it has been “tested” as a “matched system” to meet the efficiency (SEER) performance specified. Due to installation inconsistency and related performance issues, home performance testing is becoming more common as the government and consumers continue to seek higher efficiencies. Conversely, a ductless split system is a factory-engineered solution. All key components required to assemble the system are provided, with the installer only needing to obtain piping, insulation and wiring/breaker components. The final assembled system will meet the specified system performance and is less dependent on the installer skill level, though trained installer personnel are always required.
There is no need to perform any home performance testing as there is no opportunity for leaky ductwork or energy inefficiency of any sort.
Heating Capacity & Efficiency
Daikin systems have the highest heating capacity at low temperatures, down to -4°F, allowing the individual user to be comfortable with the Daikin system alone, as opposed to turning to alternative heat sources.
Efficiency of a Heat Pump
Heat pumps are around 300% efficient. This means that for every unit of energy used by the heat pump in operation, three or more units of heat are generated for use in a building.
As heat pumps work by extracting available heat from the outside air, they are far more efficient than even the most efficient fossil-fuel based heating systems. Heat pumps featuring Daikin’s inverter technology are particularly efficient for all kinds of indoor heating.
Using an integrated heat pump solution to both cool and heat a building can also mean a lower initial investment, as well as simpler operation and maintenance procedures.
Individual Temperature Control
Individual temperature control provides comfort for the entire space. Each system is equipped with a wireless remote control, providing the ability to change the settings anywhere in the comfort of the conditioned space. A large display provides an overview of the unit's operation and user-friendly buttons offer advanced capabilities from temperature control to energy saving features.
Heating During Defrost
Competitive systems do not provide heating during defrost mode, but Daikin does.
Daikin systems operate at the required capacity, delivering the exact amount of cooling or heating to maintain the desired comfort condition.
- Start-up time and energy consumption are reduced by one-third (compared to normal on/off units).
- Avoids cycling operation of the compressor, reducing costly current (amp) peaks.
- Minimizes space temperature fluctuations.
Single Source Performance
The Right Solution…from Start to Finish
A major advantage of selecting a Daikin system is having Daikin as your service partner. The Split and VRV-S systems are delivered 80% complete, virtually eliminating the installation, commissioning and service problems that can arise with a conventional air-conditioning system. If issues do occur, the systems have built-in self-diagnostics that can identify trouble spots accurately for quicker repairs.
Daikin systems also come with one of the best warranties in the industry. Best of all, most of the major components and refrigerant, down to the controllers, are made by Daikin – contractors never have to worry about getting the runaround. One supplier. One phone call.
Daikin is #1 in Quality
- Innovation and quality have always been keystones of Daikin philosophy. We strongly believe that by offering the best products, we can maintain our success. Daikin’s quality is continuously reinforced by the intensive training of our sales network and improvements in our products and production processes.
- Quality begins at the design phase. Manufacturing our own compressors, refrigerants, and other major components allows us design quality control into our products from the beginning.
- Daikin’s position as the leading innovator in the market is the result of the close cooperation between our engineers, distributors, dealers, customers and staff.
- All major components are engineered and manufactured by Daikin, ensuring maximum performance, reliability and efficiency. From the internal motors and compressors to the exterior anti-corrosion treatment and self diagnostic function, Daikin systems are built with durability and backed by one of the best warranties in the industry.
- Daikin is unique throughout the world in being the only producer of refrigerants and compressors, as well as manufacturing air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, chilled water systems and ventilation solutions. As a result we have full control of every component within a Daikin unit – and can bring the very latest innovations to our products.
Zero Defect Policy
- Daikin's manufacturing operations are based on an integrated zero defect policy. This requires production line workers to carry out controls and tests at pre-determined stages in the assembly cycle. Similarly, our suppliers must adhere to strict and pre-determined contractual obligations in terms of quality and delivery.
- Because we can rely on consistently high component quality from Daikin Industries Ltd, Daikin is able to produce high quality finished products and systems. Just-in-time delivery procedures maintain effective stock control, ensuring Daikin can react positively to variations in market requirements.
Daikin systems are designed for a typical useful life of 15 years with the actual average of 20+ years. This is why we are confident in supplying a warranty longer than any other manufacturer. The standard warranty provides a solid level of protection and our Warranty Plus program offers additional protection – the best warranty program in the ductless industry.
- Optional extended labor warranties are available for 5 and 10 years.
- Optional extended parts warranties are available for 5 and 10 years, depending on product.
- Please refer to warranty documents for full warranty conditions.
Building Quality into Every System
Our product focus is always on performance and quality. Some examples:
PE Fin Coil Our PE fin coil coating protects the outdoor unit coilfrom corrosion and reduces friction to allow water to drain quickerfrom the coil during defrost improving performance.
Daikin-Designed Compressors Unlike many other airconditioning manufacturers, Daikin manufactures our own compressors, from our own factories around the world. This is important because the compressor is the very heart of the air conditioning system.
Daikin has always been at the forefront of developing compressor technology and now offers a comprehensive range of swing, scroll and single-screw compressors. Inverter compressor control is applied throughout our product range, delivering enhanced comfort and system efficiency. Daikin-designed compressors are optimized to work reliably and efficiently under all load conditions.
- Reverse design-to-cool windings with discharge gas instead of suction provide more constant temperature and reduce thermal shock to windings of the constantly changing suction gas.
- More reliable High thrust oil to reduce friction, which increases reliability, and improves performance.
|Daikin PE Fin Coil Coating Global Recognition|
|Daikin is a member in good standing of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).|
|ENERGY STAR® is the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency and shows Daikin's commitment to and partnership to helping save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices. ETL Listed Mark – Daikin products have been tested by Intertek and found in compliance with accepted national product safety standards.|
Use of the AHRI Certified™ mark indicates a manufacturer's participation in the certification program. For verification of certification for individual products, go to www.ahridirectory.org
Strict Design Review Ensures Safety: Our Top Priority for Customers
All manufacturing bases in the Daikin Group have obtained the globally recognized ISO 9001 (quality management system), and ISO 14001 for environmental performance certification. We also provide customers with the information they need to use our products safely. Company divisions maintain high levels of product quality and ensure proper management of each department, such as development, materials and parts procurement, and production.
Our responsibility goes beyond simply satisfying customers; we believe that we also have a duty to society to offer products and services that are safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious.
|Organization: DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, LTD. AIR CONDITIONING MANUFACTURING DIVISION ISO 9001 Scope of Registration: THE DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF COMMERCIAL AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING, COOLING, REFRIGERATING EQUIPMENT, COMMERCIAL HEATING EQUIPMENT, RESIDENTIAL AIR CONDITIONING EQUIPMENT, HEAT RECLAIM VENTILATION, AIR CLEANING EQUIPMENT, MARINE TYPE CONTAINER REFRIGERATION UNITS, COMPRESSORS AND VALVES.|
|Organization: DAIKIN INDUSTRIES (THAILAND) LTD. ISO 9001 Scope of Registration: THE DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF AIR CONDITIONERS AND THE COMPONENTS INCLUDING COMPRESSORS USED FOR THEM.|
All of the Daikin Group's business facilities and subsidiaries in Japan are certified under the ISO 14001 International standard for environmental management.
Daikin is renowned for our pioneering approach to product development and the unrivalled quality and versatility of our integrated solutions. From the efficiency of our compressors and inverter technology, to our latest advances in refrigerants and product design for seasonal efficiency, Daikin is at the very forefront of energy efficiency and innovation.
The Daikin Difference
Daikin is the only company in the world dedicated to manufacturing both air conditioning systems and refrigerants. By creating some of the most technologically advanced systems ever introduced, Daikin is redefining the experience of comfort. This passion for precision means that every Daikin system - from Quaternity and SkyAir to Daikin Altherma to VRV - delivers maximum performance and the ultimate in comfort. Since the invention of Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) in 1982, Daikin has constantly demonstrated its technological leadership with outstanding production capabilities, top-of-the-line product features, and superior product support.
Energy Efficiency Equipped with an inverter drive system, the compressor varies its speed (insted of just turning on and off) to closely match the heating or cooling demand, reducing energy consumption and maximizing savings.
Built-in Reliability Designed with Daikin's swing type compressor, integrated parts reduce friction, resulting in smoother and quieter rotation and increasing performance and longevity. Systems are backed by the best warranty in the business.
High Durability Special anti-corrosion treatment on the outdoor unit heat exchanger increases resistance to salt damage and atmospheric corrosion, ensuring greater durability.
Installation Ease Long piping runs increase flexibility. All RA units come pre-charged with enough R-410A refrigerant to supply 33 ft of piping, minimizing both commissioning time and cost.
To learn more about Daikin's innovative systems and technology, click here.
Daikin Leads the Way in Heat Pump Technology
Daikin has more than 50 years of experience with heat pumps and supplies more than one million of them to homes, shops and offices each year. This success is not just a quirk of fate: Daikin has always been at the cutting edge of technology and our goal is to provide you with turn-key comfort. Only a market leader can guarantee you this level of service and quality control!
Daikin Altherma is a unique system that heats, produces domestic hot water and can provide space cooling. Altherma™ offers maximum year roundcomfort as a total concept for climate control in residential applications withunmatched efficiency.
- The air-to-water heat pump is an interesting alternative for traditional gas or fuel oil heating that offers unique benefits:
- Uses renewable energy sources (extracts heat from outside air)
- Delivers considerable savings in energy costs
- Delivers a significant contribution in the fight against CO2 emissions
- Provides heating, cooling and domestic hot water
Learn more about Daikin Altherma
Daikin Quaternity is not just another high efficiency mini-split heat pump system. It is North America's first inverter split system heat pump system capable of dehumidifying room air to a user-defined Relative Humidity (RH%) setting and air purification. Below are just a few of Quaternity's unique features:
- Ability to dehumidify to a relative humidity setting (RH%).
- “Flash Streamer” air purifier for improved IAQ.
- Wireless remote control shows ambient temperature & room temperature.
- System has comfort and sound set-back ability.
DEHUMIDIFICATION – Feel the difference. With two different operating modes, dehumidification can be achieved by maintaining or lowering room temperature. Whether dehumidifying is needed on a hot summer day or a warm rainy night, Quaternity can maintain year round comfort.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY – See the difference. The Quaternity system delivers the most energy efficient system in the market with up to 26.1 SEER. By varying compressor speed based on cooling or heating demand, temperature is monitored and maintained for superior precision control, reducing energy consumption by up to 30% compared to traditional systems. In addition, all systems are given “Most Efficient” recognition by Energy Star.
Learn more about Daikin Quaternity.